EYEBROW TATTOOS IN CALGARY - AFTERCARE
The results and longevity of your tattoo will depend greatly on how you take care of your brows during the healing process and beyond. Each client’s skin will respond differently, both in the length of time it takes to heal, and the number of sessions needed for your desired results and colour retention. This information acts as a guideline only, and we cannot guarantee your results.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Most clients require at least two sessions for ideal results. The 1st session is to build shape and gain symmetry; the 2nd session is to perfect the brows and add density.
- Adjustments and touch-ups can be made 3 months after your first visit. Due to high demand, please plan to book your touch-up appointment 2 months in advance.
- The complete healing process takes about 6-8 weeks; however, the visible top layer of skin should heal after 2 weeks.
- Immediately following the procedure, your brows may experience minimal discomfort on the treated area. Many clients describe a similar sensation as a sunburn, with redness and swelling. Symptoms will subside within 24-48 hours.
- During the first 3-5 days, your brows will initially appear to be darker and more sharply defined than the final result. The hair strokes may blend and look wet/painted on. This is normal and will lighten after a few days when the skin sheds. Give your brows a few weeks and the hair strokes will become clearer.
- Minimal scabbing, flaking and dryness of the skin is normal after the first few days of the healing period. To avoid loss of brow hair stroke pigmentation, do not itch or remove scabs. They will naturally fall off on their own.
- Results vary client to client. Not all brows heal clean and crisp. Hair strokes for oilier skin types tend to heal more solid and powdery, while drier skin types heal more crisp and defined.
CARE FOR YOUR NEW BROW TATTOO:
- Day 1: Gently wipe your brow tattoo with with the provided saline wipes 4 hours after your appointment. Also use the wipes on your brows before you go to bed and apply a light coat of ointment with a cotton swab.
- Day 2-4: Clean your brows 2-3 times a day and apply a thin layer of the provided ointment once in the morning and once at night.
- Day 5-14: 2-3 times a day, pat your brows with a cotton pad with lukewarm water and use a non- fragrance non- alcohol moisturizer (Lubriderm or Cetaphil).
- If your brows feel very tight and dry you can reapply a light coat of moisturizer
During the healing process, please avoid the following:
- Application of any brow makeup for 2 weeks.
- Scratching or removal of scabs, dry skin/flakiness.
- Direct water on the brow tattoo and the use of cleansers, soaps and heavy creams. Wash around the areas using a cleaning cloth or oil-free makeup wipe.
- Vaseline, Neosporin and any other petroleum based products.
- Activities that will cause sweating for 10 days.
- Swimming pools, hot tubs or other bodies of water for 14 days.
- UV exposure (including tanning booths).
- Laser light therapy, as it can darken/lighten or distort the pigment.
- Exfoliants, retinol acids or AHA’s on the area for 30 days after the appointment (causes premature fading).
- Massages, facials or skin treatments.
AFTER YOU’VE HEALED:
- Brow tattoos normally last 1-3 years depending on lifestyle, skin type and aftercare.
- Exposure to the sun and tanning beds can cause fading and discolouration of the pigment. Once completely healed, always apply sunscreen (50 SPF or greater) on brow area.
- Avoid using chemical exfoliants on the brows, as it will cause fading.
- Do not do laser your brow area (IPL). Some lasers may change the colour of the ink.
- Additional brow makeup application may still be required post tattoo to achieve your desired look.
- Yearly touchups with Hoi Tattoo are recommended to maintain your results.