EYEBROW TATTOO AFTERCARE
The results and longevity of the eyebrow tattoos will depend greatly on how you take care of your brows during the healing process and beyond. Each client’s skin responds differently, both in the length of time it takes to heal, and the number of sessions required to achieve your desired results and colour retention. This information acts as a guideline only; we cannot guarantee your results.
EYEBROW TATTOO HEALING PROCESS:
- Most clients require at least 2 sessions for ideal results. The 1st session is to build shape and gain symmetry; the 2nd session is to perfect the brows and add density.
- Adjustments and touch-ups can be made 3 months after your first visit. Due to high demand, please plan to book your touch-up appointment 2 months in advance.
- The complete healing process takes about 6 to 8 weeks; however, the visible top layer of skin should heal after 2 weeks.
- Immediately following the eyebrow microblading procedure, you may experience some minor discomfort on the treated area. Many of the clients who receive eyebrow tattoos at our Calgary studio compare the sensation to that caused by sunburn, with redness and swelling. Symptoms typically subside within 24 to 48 hours.
- During the first 3 to 5 days, your brows will initially appear to be darker and more sharply defined than the final result. The hair strokes may blend and look wet/painted on. This is normal and will lighten after a few days when the skin sheds. Give your brows a few weeks and the hair strokes will become clearer.
- Minimal scabbing, flaking and dryness of the skin are normal after the first few days of the healing period. To avoid loss of eyebrow hair stroke pigmentation, do not itch or remove scabs. They will naturally fall off on their own.
- Results vary client to client. Not all eyebrow tattoos heal clean and crisp. Hair strokes for oilier skin types tend to heal more solid and powdery, while drier skin types heal more crisp and defined.
CARING FOR YOUR EYEBROW TATTOO:
- Day 1: Gently wipe your eyebrow tattoo with the provided saline wipes 4 hours after your appointment. Also use the wipes on your brows before you go to bed and apply a light coat of ointment with a cotton swab.
- Day 2-4: Clean your brows 2 to 3 times a day and apply a thin layer of the provided ointment once in the morning and once at night.
- Day 5-14: Pat your brows with a cotton pad with lukewarm water 2 to 3 times a day and apply a fragrance-free, non-alcohol moisturizer (Lubriderm or Cetaphil).
- If your brows feel very tight and dry, you can reapply a light coat of moisturizer
AVIOD THE FOLLOWING DURING HEALING:
- Application of any brow makeup for 2 weeks.
- Scratching or removal of scabs, dry skin/flakiness.
- Direct water on the eyebrow tattoo and the use of cleansers, soaps and heavy creams.
- Wash around the areas using a cleaning cloth or oil-free makeup wipe.
- Vaseline, Neosporin and any other petroleum based products.
- Activities that will cause sweating for 10 days.
- Swimming pools, hot tubs or other bodies of water for 14 days.
- UV exposure (including tanning booths).
- Laser light therapy, as it can darken/lighten or distort the pigment.
- Exfoliants, retinol acids or AHA’s on the area for 30 days after the appointment (causes premature fading).
- Massages, facials or skin treatments.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER BROW TATTOOS HAVE HEALED:
- Eyebrow tattoos normally last 1 to 3 years depending on lifestyle, skin type and aftercare.
- Yearly touch-ups with Hoi Tattoo are recommended to maintain your results.
- Exposure to the sun and tanning beds can cause fading and discolouration of the pigment. Once completely healed, always apply sunscreen (50 SPF or greater) on brow area.
- Avoid using chemical exfoliants on the brows, as it will cause fading.
- Do not do laser your brow area (IPL). Some lasers may change the colour of the ink.
- Additional eyebrow makeup application may still be required post tattoo to achieve your desired look.
- Yearly touchups with Hoi Tattoo are recommended to maintain your results.