SCALP MICROPIGMENTATION IN CALGARY
WHAT IS SCALP MICRO-PIGMENTATION?
You’re experiencing hair loss, thinning or various forms of alopecia and looking for a professional solution. The artists at Hoi Tattoo now offer a unique, aesthetic procedure called scalp micro-pigmentation, which creates a permanent natural illusion of hair follicles. The end result, regardless of your extent of hair loss, will appear similar to wearing a buzz cut. We achieve this by strategically implanting pigment beneath the surface of the skin with a micro needle to mimic the appearance of short hairs.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE PROCEDURE?
Suitable for all stages of hair loss, scalp micro-pigmentation provides a natural and low-maintenance solution, above all, boosting your self-esteem and rejuvenating your appearance.
Benefits you can expect, post procedure include:
- The look of a full head of hair that’s well-groomed in a shaved style
- A youthful recreation of your frontal hairline and side profiles
- Permanently camouflaging the symptoms of alopecia or hair transplant/surgery scars
- Minimal healing time, with no major side effects
WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
For best results, we recommend the following:
- Stop using skin thinners (vitamin A, glycolic acids, exfoliation) on the scalp area 2 weeks prior to your appointment
- Do not consume alcohol, caffeine or blood thinners (aspirin, ibuprofen, Niacin) 48 hours before your procedure, to avoid excess bleeding
At your first appointment, you’ll have a personalized assessment with our team to create a mapping of your desired hairline and customize your pigment color to match your natural hair follicle. We’ll also conduct a patch test to ensure there’s no allergic reaction to the ink.
As artists, we carefully design your hairline to suit your face and head shape in conjunction with your preferences. Once we’ve created your design, we’ll apply a numbing cream (Lidocaine 5%) to the treated areas to increase your comfort during the procedure. From here, we use a tiny and disposable sterile needle to individually tattoo your new hair follicles.
While highly effective, your treatment will require multiple sessions to achieve the desired result.
Your scalp will normally experience a few slight side effects (mild redness, swelling, itchiness and scabbing), which will subside after a few days. Be patient, and allow yourself to heal:
- Resist the urge to scratch or remove scabs, as you will experience premature pigment loss or color patching
- Pigment will appear darker and more pronounced immediately after the procedure for the first 3-5 days. Once scabbing comes off, the pigment may look significantly lighter for the first few weeks before the color resurfaces
- Allow 6-8 weeks between treatments for your skin to properly heal, avoid excess scar tissue formation and retain maximum pigmentation
More information is available on our After Care page.
After the results of the first treatment have healed (no visible redness, swelling or scabbing), you’ll return to Hoi Tattoo to perfect the hairline and increase density. We’ll asses your pigment retention and add in a darker pigment to create a three dimensional appearance.
WILL SCALP MICRO-PIGMENTATION BE PAINFUL?
Since pain tolerance and sensitivity varies individually, we can’t say exactly how it will feel for you. The procedure uses a smaller needle than traditional tattooing and should hurt significantly less. Factors can include skin thickness and the follicle size needed to create a natural look.
HOW LONG WILL THE FINAL RESULTS LAST?
Once you’ve undergone multiple sessions to reach your desired result, with proper care and maintenance, your procedure will be permanent; however, some fading may occur over time. We recommend periodic touchups to increase the vibrancy of your pigmentation.
I’M FULLY BALD. WILL SCALP MICRO-PIGMENTATION WORK FOR ME?
Yes, our careful placement of pigmented strokes will cover even a fully bald scalp, and build the illusion of hair follicles.